Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Lend an Ear?

Tonight, I begin my entry with absolutely no idea of what I intend to say. Which, for me,  is unprecedented.
I simply NEEDED to write something down today.
Maybe I'm feeling a bit "pent-up" lately. It's not hate or anger or aggression or anything malicious that's bothering me, but I can't pinpoint what "it" actually is.
By nature, I am a person who takes on the problems of others, to a fault. Recently I have been so deeply concerned with and involved in other people's problems, that when obstacles of my own loom in front of me, I am overwhelmed.
So how do I balance a natural sense of compassion and a desire to help and teach others while reserving enough energy and judgment to tackle my own personal dilemmas effectively?
Under no circumstance would I want to stifle those instincts to give of my time and consideration to others. It is the most rewarding gift you will ever give yourself to give to someone else.
But, as I have somehow just fully realized, this characteristic can become somewhat of a burden. It's a hard lesson to learn that not all people think of others before themselves.
Well, then. Guess I just needed to vent! Thanks for taking the time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment